Monday, October 22, 2007

Fallbrook Rice Canyon Fire 10:40 P.M. PST

I will posting more information on the fire in about 1 hour. I am in the mandatory evacuation area, but from my vantage point I can pretty much the entire south side of Fallbrook, West Oceanside and Southeast part of Camp Pendleton. I have a tile roof and stucco side with lots of iceplant around. South of the San Luis Rey River we all live on 2-40 acres and have been diligent in maintaining fire breaks. I am prepared to send my wife and son out with all the stuff. The fire department does not appear to be doing any property protection. Everybody is in the life saving mode--aka every man woman and child for himself.

Santa Ana winds will pick up after midnight--at least from my experience and then we might see the fires race to the ocean.

2 comments:

The Youngs said...

Thank you for the pics and your update. Please continue as it has been near impossible to get anything anywhere.

Unknown said...

Hi there,

My house is off of Linda Vista (just up from Via Monserate & the 76) -- Just East of River Village.

If this is an eastward shot from the old bridge... well do you think my house is gone?

Thanks for your pics and updates.. good luck to you and your family.